Southern Giant Curled Mustard Seed Highlights
- Germination: 2 to 4 days
- Soak: No need.
- Harvest: 10 to 14 days for microgreens in the cotyledon stage, or wait a few more days until the first true leaves form. The microgreens will be a bit spicier at this stage. Try them at both stages to see which you like better.
- Flavor: Spicy, bold mustard flavor.
- Nutrients: High in Vitamins A, C, and K, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, and potassium.
Southern Giant Curled Mustard seed is super easy to grow.
The microgreens have a red tinge along the edges of the cotyledons and true leaves. However, the red color doesn’t appear until the plants are larger.
These microgreens pack some spiciness but aren’t hot like the Wasabi Mustard microgreens.
Harvest these microgreens between days 7 and 18 for a zing on sandwiches or salads.
Control the spicy flavor by adjusting how many microgreens you add to your dish.
We use Southern Giant Curled Mustard seed in our Intensely Flavorful mix.
Southern Giant Curled Mustard Seed Package Sizes
- The Home Microgreens tray seed packet weighs 1.8 grams and contains approximately 1,100 seeds.
- The 1010-tray seed packet weighs 4.5 grams.
We also sell Southern Giant Curled Mustard seed in the following size packages.
- By the ounce.
- And 4-ounce packages.
- If you want larger packages, don’t hesitate to contact us for the price and availability.
How Much Seed Do You Need For Your Tray?
You don’t need to worry about how much seed you need if you use Home Microgreen planting trays or 1010 trays. Each seed packet has the correct number of seeds for a perfect Southern Giant Curled Mustard microgreens tray.
The seeding area of a Home Microgreen Tray is 37.5 square inches.
However, if you’re using a different planting tray, use the calculator in the article below to figure out how much seed you need.
Click this link to use the calculator: Home Microgreens Seed Density Calculator.