Ruby Red Leaf Lettuce Seed Highlights
- Germination: 3 to 4 days
- Soak: No need
- Harvest: 25- to 35 days at the baby leaf stage.
- Flavor: Great sweetness and silky soft textured leaf.
- Rich Nutrients: Vitamins A, C, calcium, iron, and potassium.
This lettuce can easily grow into the baby leaf stage indoors in 1010 and 1020 trays.
The more light provided, the dark and brighter red the leaves will become.
Harvest baby leaf lettuce in as few as 25 days.
You can get up to 3 cuttings off of one tray if harvested correctly.
This lettuce can easily grow as microgreens or the baby leaf stage indoors in 1010 and 1020 trays.
We recommend 0.8 grams for baby leaf in a 1020 tray or 0.4 grams in a 1010 tray.
Yes, that little bit of seed will fill out at the baby leaf stage and fill the tray. Using more only causes the inside leaves to brown. Baby leaf lettuce leaves are large compared to microgreens.
For microgreens, we recommend 7 grams per 1010 tray. These are recommendations only, as growth habits will depend on several factors.
Ruby Red Leaf Lettuce Seed Package Sizes
Notice: The 1020 seed packet grows a tray of baby leaf lettuce in a large tray. Not the Home Microgreens Tray.
You can seed the 1/4 and 1/2-ounce packets in any size tray. In addition, we have an article that explains lettuce seed density.
- The seed is packaged for a 1020 tray (0.8 grams)to grow to baby leaf size.
- 1/4-ounce packet (~7.1-grams).
- 1/2-ounce packet (~14.2-grams), and
- by the ounce.