- Germination: 2 to 3 days
- Soak: Yes, 18 to 24 hours
- Harvest: 8 to 12 days
- Flavor: Nutty flavor with a crunchy texture. A great topping.
- Rich Nutrients: Vitamins A, B complexes, D, and E, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, and phosphorus
Sunflower microgreens are easy to grow once you get the hang of it. We’ve tested many ways of growing sunflower microgreens, and we recommend growing them a bit differently than other microgreens.
We have published an article on our recommended planting method on HomeMicrogreens.com.
These microgreens are vigorous growers and are ready for harvest in 8-days.
The flavor is nutty, a bit like the meat of sunflower seeds, with a very crunchy texture.
Harvest sunflower microgreens a day or two after the first true leaves form.
These seeds are certified Organic.
- Home Microgreens Tray is 22.8 grams. The HM Tray area is 37.5 square inches.
- 5- by 5-inch Tray is 15.2 grams
- 10- by 10-inch Tray is 60.8 grams
- We also sell Sunflower seeds by the ounce
- 1/4 pound, and
- by the pound.
How Much Seed Do You Need For Your Tray?
If you use Home Microgreen planting trays, there is no need to worry. Each seed packet has the correct number of seeds for the provided tray.
However, if you’re using a difference planting tray, use the calculators in this post to figure out how many packets or grams of seeds you need.
Click This Link to use Calculators: Planting Tray and Seed Calculators.