Southern Giant Curled Mustard Highlights
- Germination: 2 to 4 days
- Soak: No need.
- Harvest: 10 to 14 days for microgreens in the cotyledon stage or wait a few more days until the first true leaves form. The microgreens will be a bit spicier at this stage. Try them at both stages to see which you like better.
- Flavor: Spicy, bold mustard flavor.
- Nutrients: High in Vitamins A, C, and K. Contains the minerals calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, and potassium.
Southern Giant Curled Mustard microgreens have a red tinge along the edges of the cotyledons and true leaves. The full red color doesn’t appear until the plants are much larger. These microgreens pack some spiciness but aren’t super hot like Wasabi Mustard microgreens.
Harvest these microgreens between days 7 and 18 for a zing on sandwiches or in salads.
Control the spicy flavor by adjusting how many microgreens you add to your dish.
We use Southern Giant Mustard microgreen seed in our Intensely Flavorful mix.
Southern Giant Curled Mustard Seeds Package Sizes
- Home Microgreens tray package contains 1.8-grams. The HM Tray area is 37.5 square inches.
- 5- by 5-inch Tray has 1.1-grams
- 10- by 10-inch tray package includes 4.5-grams of seed.
- by the ounce.
- and 4-ounce packages.
How Much Seed Do You Need For Your Tray?
If you use Home Microgreen planting trays, 5 by 5, or 1010 trays, there’s no need to worry. Each seed packet has the correct number of seeds for the provided tray.
However, if you’re using a different planting tray, use the calculator in the article below to figure out how much seed you need.
Click this link to use the calculator: Home Microgreens Seed Density Calculator.