Carrot Microgreen Seed Highlights
- Germination: 5 to 7 days
- Soak: No need
- Harvest: 22 to 35 days
- Flavor: Mild, sweet carrot flavor
- Rich Nutrients: Vitamins A, B-complex, C, K, manganese, potassium, beta-carotene, and anti-oxidants.
Carrot microgreens are easy to grow, but take some patience as they are slow-growing.
The carrot variety is Danvers 126, which is an excellent orange carrot to grow in the garden.
These seeds only grow on soil. Some suggested covering the seeds with a thin layer of soil (bury-method), but we never have problems growing the carrot microgreen seed on the soil surface.
Carrot microgreens can be eaten in the cotyledon stage or wait until the first true leaves form. In the later stage, the lower portion of the stems can become fibrous.
Carrot microgreens are great in salads and garnish. We like to float them on soups, especially tomato soup. They are also excellent in macaroni and potato salad.
Carrot Microgreen Seed Package Sizes
- Home Microgreen tray size packet (2.3-grams)
- 1010 tray size packet (6.1-grams)
We also sell carrot microgreen seed in the following size packages.
- 1/2-ounce packet (~14.2-grams)
- 1-ounce packet (approximately 17,800 seeds).