Wasabi Mustard Seed Highlights
- Germination: 2 to 4 days
- Soak: No need.
- Harvest: 8 to 14 days for microgreens – can allow it to grow into baby greens (up to 25+ days)
- Flavor: Spicy, bold mustard flavor.
- Nutrients: Vitamins A, C, E, K, and antioxidants.
These mustard microgreens aren’t the traditional wasabi plant; wasabi comes from the root of Eutrema japonicum or Wasabia japonica. This plant is Brassica juncea.
However, these microgreens still pack a punch of spiciness. This mustard is great to use fresh in spring rolls, sandwiches, stir fry, or dishes where you want some spice.
Harvest these microgreens between days 7 and 18 for a zing on sandwiches or salads.
Control the spicy flavor by adjusting how many microgreens you add to your dish.
Wasabi Mustard Seed Package Sizes
- The Home Microgreens tray seed packet weighs 1.8 grams and contains approximately 1,000 seeds.
- The 1010-tray seed packet weighs 4.5 grams.
We also sell Wasabi Mustard in the following size packages.
- Ounce packages.
- 4-ounce bag.
- 1-pound bag.
How Much Seed Do You Need For Your Tray?
You don’t need to worry about how much seed you need if you use Home Microgreen planting trays or 1010 trays. Each seed packet has the correct number of seeds for a perfect tray of Wasabi Mustard microgreens.
The seeding area of a Home Microgreen Tray is 37.5 square inches.
However, if you’re using a different planting tray, use the calculator in the article below to figure out how much seed you need.
Click this link to use the calculator: Home Microgreens Seed Density Calculator.