Australe Lettuce Highlights
- Germination: 2 to 3 days
- Soak: No need
- Harvest: 25- to 35 days at the baby leaf stage.
- Flavor: Crunchy and juicy lettuce with broad bronze-tinged leaves.
- Rich Nutrients: Vitamins C, K, B9 (folate), calcium, phosphorous, magnesium, and potassium.
This Australe Lettuce seed is Certified Organic and non-GMO.
This lettuce can easily grow as microgreens or the baby leaf stage indoors in 1010 and 1020 trays.
We recommend 0.8 grams for baby leaf lettuce in a 1020 tray or 0.4 grams in a 1010 tray.
Yes, that little bit of seed will fill out at the baby leaf stage and fill the tray. Using more only causes the inside leaves to brown. Baby leaf lettuce leaves are large compared to microgreens.
For microgreens, we recommend 7 grams per 1010 tray. These are recommendations only, as growth habits will depend on several factors.
The broad spread on these butterhead lettuce leaves makes for a very dense tray.
Harvest baby leaf lettuce in as few as 25 days.
You can get up to 3 cuttings off of one tray if harvested correctly.
Australe Lettuce Seed Package Sizes
Notice: The 1020-size seed packet grows a tray of baby leaf lettuce in a large tray. Not the Home Microgreens Tray.
The 1/4 and 1/2-ounce packets can be seeded in any size tray at any rate. In addition, we have an article that explains lettuce seed density.
- The seed is packaged for a 1020 tray (0.8 grams)to grow to baby leaf size.
- 1/4-ounce packet (~7.1-grams).
- 1/2-ounce packet (~14.2-grams).