Purple Top Turnip Highlights
- Germination: 2 to 3 days
- Soak: No need
- Harvest: 8 to 10 days
- Flavor: A mix between a mild turnip and non-spicy radish with a sweet cabbage-like flavor.
- Rich Nutrients: Vitamins C, E, and K, beta-carotene, and iron.
Purple Top Turnip microgreens are fast and easy to grow. Turnips prefer lower light levels than most microgreens, making them ideal for those without a sunny window or artificial lights.
These microgreens have green tops with mostly white stems. However, with more light, the stems turn a variegated pink and purple.
Flavor profiles for Purple Top Turnip microgreens are varied. Some people think the flavor is similar to kale or spinach. Others say they taste more like a non-spicy radish.
I think they taste like a mild turnip with a sweet cabbage-like flavor.
Harvest turnip microgreens in as few as 8-days, they are a very quick growing microgreen.
- Home Microgreens Tray is 2.7-grams. The HM Tray area is 37.5 square inches.
- 5- by 5-inch Tray is 1.8-grams
- 10- by 10-inch Tray is 7.2-grams
How Much Seed Do You Need For Your Tray?
If you use Home Microgreen planting trays, there is no need to worry. Each seed packet has the correct number of seeds for the provided tray.
However, if you’re using a difference planting tray, use the calculators in this post to figure out how many packets or grams of seeds you need.
Click This Link to use Calculators: Planting Tray and Seed Calculators.