Little Gem Lettuce Seed Highlights
- Germination: 2 to 3 days
- Soak: No need
- Harvest: 25- to 35-days at the baby leaf stage.
- Flavor: Crunchy and juicy lettuce not bitter like full-grown romaine lettuce.
- Rich Nutrients: Vitamins C, K, B9 (folate), calcium, phosphorous, magnesium, and potassium.
This lettuce is easy to grow to the baby leaf stage indoors in 1010 and 1020 trays or as microgreens.
The upright habit of Little Gem Romaine Cos lettuce makes for a very dense tray. It’s often is referred to as the best tasting Romaine Type lettuce. The outer leaves are crisp while the inner leaves are softer and sweet.
Harvest baby leaf lettuce in as few as 25-days.
Can get up to 3 cuttings off of one tray if harvested correctly.
Our seed packet contains 0.8-grams; however, we recommend using only 0.6 to 0.7-grams on each 1020 tray. Yes, that little bit of seed will fill out at the baby leaf stage and fill the tray. Using more only causes the inside leaves to brown.
This seed is Certified Organic and, of course, Non-GMO.
Little Gem Lettuce Seed Package Sizes
Notice: The 1020 seed packet grows a tray of baby leaf lettuce in a large tray. Not the Home Microgreens Tray.
You can seed the 1/4 and 1/2-ounce packets in any size tray at any rate. In addition, we have an article that explains lettuce seed density.
- The seed is packaged for a 1020 tray (0.8-grams)to grow to baby leaf size.
- 1/4-ounce packet (~7.1-grams).
- 1/2-ounce packet (~14.2-grams).