Bronze Mignonette Lettuce Seed Highlights
- Germination: 2 to 3 days
- Soak: No need
- Harvest: 15 to 20 for microgreens; 25- to 35-days at the baby leaf stage.
- Flavor: Crunchy and juicy lettuce with wide bronze-tinged leaves.
- Rich Nutrients: Vitamins C, K, B9 (folate), calcium, phosphorous, magnesium, and potassium.
Bronze Mignonette Lettuce seed is easy to grow indoors.
The leaves are smooth and tipped reddish-brown and can be grown with less light than other red or red-tinted lettuce.
The flavor is not bitter with a velvety texture.
You can grow Bronze Mignonette as microgreens or allow them to grow to the baby leaf stage in 1010 and 1020 trays.
We recommend 0.8-grams for baby leaf size plants in a 1020 tray or 0.4-grams in a 1010 tray.
Yes, that little bit of seed will fill out at the baby leaf stage and fill the tray. Using more only causes the inside leaves to brown. Baby leaf lettuce leaves are large compared to microgreens.
For microgreens, we recommend anywhere from 1 to 7-grams per 1010 tray.
The broad spread on these butterhead lettuce leaves makes for a very dense tray.
Harvest baby leaf lettuce in as few as 25-days.
Can get up to 3 cuttings off of one tray if harvested correctly.
We also grow this lettuce outside in the garden and is one of our favorites to grow and eat.
Bronze Mignonette Lettuce Seed Package Sizes
Notice: The 1020 size seed packet grows a tray of baby leaf lettuce in a large tray. Not the Home Microgreens Tray.
The 1/4 and 1/2-ounce packets can be seeded in any size tray at any rate. In addition, we have an article that explains lettuce seed density.
- The seed is packaged for a 1020 tray (0.8-grams)to grow to baby leaf size.
- 1/4-ounce packet (~7.1-grams).
- 1/2-ounce packet (~14.2-grams).