Organic Tokyo Bekana Microgreen Seed Highlights
- Germination: 1 to 2 days
- Soak: No need.
- Harvest: 6 to 18 days for microgreens – can allow it to grow into baby greens (up to 25+ days)
- Flavor: The flavor is similar to cabbage, but the crunchy texture makes this micro stand out!
- Nutrients: Vitamins A, Folate (B), C, K, magnesium, calcium, iron, and fiber.
Tokyo Bekana is a mustard microgreen. But more often labeled as a Chinese cabbage Asian green. This microgreen is excellent to use fresh in spring rolls and sandwiches because of its crisp and crunchy texture.
Great to use as a base for microgreen salads. It grows quickly with a substantial volume of microgreens per tray!
Harvest these microgreens between days 6 and 10 at the cotyledon stage, or let them grow for spicer flavor when the ruffled true leaves form.
If you want true leaves, Tokyo Bekana grows quickly with larger-than-average microgreen leaves.
Grow more of this crunchy, flavorful microgreen as a substitute for lettuce.
Easy to grow!
You can also grow these in the garden, and the plants look like a mix of Napa cabbage and Romaine lettuce.
Toyko Bekana Microgreen Seed Package Sizes
- The Home Microgreens tray seed packet weighs 2.0 grams and contains approximately 900 seeds.
- The 1010-tray seed packet weighs 5.3 grams.
We also sell Tokyo Bekana seed in the following packages.
- By the ounce, and
- 4-ounce bag.
How Much Seed Do You Need For Your Tray?
You don’t need to worry about how much seed you need if you use Home Microgreen planting trays or 1010 trays. Each seed packet has the correct number of seeds for a perfect tray of Tokyo Bekana microgreens.
The seeding area of a Home Microgreen Tray is 37.5 square inches.
However, if you’re using a different planting tray, use the calculator in the article below to figure out how much seed you need.
Click this link to use the calculator: Home Microgreens Seed Density Calculator.