Wasabi Mustard Highlights
- Germination: 2 to 4 days
- Soak: No need.
- Harvest: 8 to 14 days for microgreens – can allow it to grow into baby greens (up to 25+ days)
- Flavor: Spicy, bold mustard flavor.
- Nutrients: Vitamins A, C, E, K, and antioxidants.
These mustard microgreens aren’t the traditional wasabi plant; wasabi comes from the root of Eutrema japonicum or Wasabia japonica. This plant is Brassica juncea.
However, these microgreens still pack a punch of spiciness. This mustard is great to use fresh in spring rolls, sandwiches, stir fry, or dishes where you want some spice.
Harvest these microgreens between days 7 and 18 for a zing on sandwiches or in salads.
Control the spicy flavor by adjusting how many microgreens you add to your dish.
- Home Microgreens tray package contains 1.8-grams. The HM Tray area is 37.5 square inches.
- 5- by 5-inch Tray is 1.1-grams
- 10- by 10-inch tray package includes 4.5-grams of seed
- Ounce packages
- 4-ounce packet
How Much Seed Do You Need For Your Tray?
If you use Home Microgreen planting trays, 5 by 5, or 1010 trays, there’s no need to worry. Each seed packet has the correct number of seeds for the provided tray.
However, if you’re using a different planting tray, use the calculator in the article below to figure out how much seed you need.
Click this link to use the calculator: Home Microgreens Seed Density Calculator.