Grand Rapids Leaf Lettuce Seed Highlights
- Germination: 3 to 4 days
- Soak: No need
- Harvest: 25- to 35-days at the baby leaf stage.
- Flavor: Great sweetness and silky soft textured leaf.
- Rich Nutrients: Vitamins A, C, calcium, iron, and potassium.
This lettuce can easily grow into the baby leaf stage or microgreens in 1010 and 1020 trays.
Harvest baby leaf lettuce in as few as 25-days.
You can get up to 3 cuttings off of one tray if harvested correctly.
Grand Rapids leaf Lettuce has bright green wavy-edged leaves with a crunchy and juicy texture. Grand Rapids lettuce looks like the typical green leaf lettuce you see in stores.
We recommend 0.8-grams for baby leaf in a 1020 tray or 0.4-grams in a 1010 tray.
Yes, that little bit of seed will fill out at the baby leaf stage and fill the tray. Using more only causes the inside leaves to brown. Baby leaf lettuce leaves are large compared to microgreens.
For microgreens, we recommend 7-grams per 1010 tray. These are recommendations only, as growth habits will depend on several factors.
Grand Rapids Leaf Lettuce Seed Package Sizes
Notice: The 1020 seed packet grows a tray of baby leaf lettuce in a large tray. Not the Home Microgreens Tray.
You can seed the 1/4, 1/2, and 1-ounce packets in any size tray at any rate. In addition, we have an article that explains lettuce seed density.
- The seed is packaged for a 1020 tray (0.8-grams)to grow to baby leaf size.
- 1/4-ounce packet (~7.1-grams).
- 1/2-ounce packet (~14.2-grams), and
- by the ounce.