Bull’s Blood Beet Highlights
- Germination: 2 to 3 days.
- Soak: No (soak beet microgreen seed)
- Harvest: 12 to 18 days.
- Flavor: Sweet and earthy with slight beet flavor.
- Nutrients: Vitamins A, B, C, E, and K, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, and zinc.
Bull’s Blood Beet microgreens have deep burgundy to green leaves with stunning red stems. Because of the stunning color and flavor, Bull’s Blood Beets are a staple microgreen.
The tender microgreens, with their dark red shoots topped with lovely leaves, are excellent in a salad because of their contrast in color and bitterness in flavor to other greens.
The earthy mild beet flavor is also useful in eggs or soups.
Some growers soak beet microgreen seed for 24-hours before sowing it. However, my test shows soaking does not improve germination, growth rate, or yield. Read soaking beet microgreen seeds by following this link.
Beets are another microgreen where a seed heat mat helps with germination and growth.
Covering the seeds with a thin layer of soil may help germination and seed husk removal. We need to test this to verify.
Average days to harvest is 15-days give or take a couple. Harvest when first true leaves open and develop at the height of 2- to 3-inches.
- Home Microgreens Tray is 5.2-grams. The HM Tray area is 37.5 square inches.
- 5- by 5-inch Tray is 3.5-grams
- 10- by 10-inch Tray is 13.9 grams
- Bull’s Blood Beet seeds also are sold by the ounce. An ounce is 28.35-grams
How Much Seed Do You Need For Your Tray?
If you use Home Microgreen planting trays, there is no need to worry. Each seed packet has the correct number of seeds for the provided tray.
However, if you’re using a difference planting tray, use the calculators in this post to figure out how many packets or grams of seeds you need.
Click This Link to use Calculators: Planting Tray and Seed Calculators