When stored in an air-tight glass, plastic container, or metalized ziplock bag, silica gel packets will keep microgreen seeds fresher.
Each 2-gram silica gel packet will reduce moisture in a 240 cubic inch container. For example, a container around 6 by 6 by 6-1/2 inches, or 4 quarts, or 130 ounces, or just under 4 liters.
However, two gel packets are recommended for containers of that size for better moisture removal.
Each packet dimension is 2 ” x 2 “.
The silica gel beads size is about 1 ~ 3 mm.
More Information from Manufacturer
- Silica Gel is a pure, vitreous, porous silicon dioxide made from sodium silicate.
- Premium quality pure and safe silica gel without cobalt chloride.
- It is purified and processed into either granular or beaded form.
- Its high absorption capacity is attributed to its millions of tiny pores.
- The absorption mechanism is purely physical, with no change in the size or shape of the particles, even as they become saturated.
- Even when fully saturated, the material still looks and feels dry.
Place items and silica gel packets in a tightly sealed container to protect your items from moisture damage.
Use silica gel packs to protect Foods, Medications, Vitamins, Seeds, Nuts, Snacks, Cookies, Spices, Pet Foods, 3D Filaments, Collectables, Jewelry, Documents, Camera Lens, Clothes, Cosmetics, Books, Bags, Decorations, Wet phones, Cameras, Watches, Electronics, Shoes, and many other valuables.
Packet material was tested under strict regulations for food specifications.
Packet material is high-quality coated paper for ultimate moisture absorption and heat resistance for reuse.
To test for saturation, weigh the packet, and if it is over 0.12 grams, either dispose or follow the directions below.
To recharge packets, place them in the oven for 0.5 to 2 hours at 200 to 250F or microwave for About 8 minutes at defrost mode.