Rainbow Swiss Chard Highlights
- Germination: 4 to 6 days.
- Soak: No need if seeds are buried when planting.
- Harvest: 14 to 30 days
- Flavor: Sweet and earthy. The taste is a mixture somewhere between beets and spinach.
- Nutrients: Vitamins A, B, C, E, and K, calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, and zinc. Rich in antioxidants.
Our Rainbow Swiss Chard Seed mix contains four colorful Swiss Chard plants. We do not use inexpensive generic chard varieties.
The mix contains:
- Ruby Red Swiss Chard,
- Golden Sunrise Yellow Swiss Chard,
- Fantasia Orange Swiss Chard, and
- Magenta Sunset Swiss Chard.
As you can see from the photos, the stems and leaves are both colorful and beautiful. The leaves never get too large, but they still add to the beauty of the microgreens tray.
Rainbow Swiss Chard microgreens’ colorful mix makes them a great addition to any salad or used as a garnish.
Growing Rainbow Swiss Chard Seed
We prefer to bury the swiss chard seeds under the soil and place them in a weighted blackout. This way, soaking the seeds is unnecessary, and the soil and friction of the weight remove all of the hard seed husks as the microgreens grow.
Swiss chard microgreens are susceptible to damping-off disease, so you must take care with the watering. Do not overwater Swiss chard microgreens.
It takes Swiss chard microgreens about 14 days to reach harvest size, but they can grow in the trays much longer.
Rainbow Swiss Chard Seed Package Sizes
- The Home Microgreens tray packet weighs 7.0 grams and contains approximately 570 seeds.
- The 1010 tray packet weighs 18.7 grams.
We also sell Rainbow Swiss Chard seed in the following size packages.
- 1-ounce packets, and
- 4-ounce bags.
How Much Seed Do You Need For Your Tray?
You don’t need to worry about how much seed you need if you use Home Microgreen planting trays or 1010 trays. Each seed packet has the correct number of seeds for a perfect tray of Rainbow Swiss Chard.
The seeding area of a Home Microgreen Tray is 37.5 square inches.
However, if you’re using a different planting tray, use the calculators in this post to figure out how many packets or grams of seeds you need.
Click This Link to use Calculator: Home Microgreens Seed Density Calculator.