Waltham Broccoli Highlights
- Germination: 2 to 3 days.
- Soak: No need.
- Harvest: 8 to 12 days
- Flavor: Tender plants with mild broccoli and earthy flavor. Some taste a cabbage-like flavor.
- Nutrients: Over 220% Vitamin C, also Vitamin A & B6, calcium, iron, and magnesium.
Broccoli is a recommended starter microgreen. They are easy to grow and has a delicious mild, fresh cabbage flavor and makes a great addition to any microgreen salad or garnish.
The leaves are brilliant green. They have a thin whitish stem with light shades of purple.
Broccoli microgreens are a favorite because of their health benefits; they’re an excellent source of sulforaphane and many other vitamins and minerals.
In my opinion, broccoli is the most nutritional microgreen available. Reported to have cancer-fighting properties.
While broccoli heads take over 100 days to grow, broccoli microgreens grow in just 8 days and have the same distinct flavor.
They also have higher nutritional value by weight, and their small size and soft texture require little prep before serving.
Broccoli microgreens are an excellent choice as a base for any microgreens salad, added to salads, or to eggs just before serving.
However, they can be used anywhere broccoli florets would be used and their mild spicy flavor and lack of bitterness make them like by those that don’t prefer mature broccoli.
- Home Microgreens Tray is 3.3-grams. The HM Tray area is 37.5 square inches.
- 5- by 5-inch Tray is 2.2-grams
- 10- by 10-inch Tray is 8.9-grams
- Also by the gram with a 5-cent per gram discount over 4-grams (discount is shown in the shopping cart).
How Much Seed Do You Need For Your Tray?
If you use Home Microgreen planting trays, there is no need to worry. Each seed packet has the correct number of seeds for the provided tray.
However, if you’re using a difference planting tray use the calculators in this post to figure out how many packets or grams of seeds you need.
Click This Link to use Calculators: Planting Tray and Seed Calculators