Ruby Red Swiss Chard Highlights
- Germination: 4 to 6 days.
- Soak: No need if seeds are buried when planting.
- Harvest: 14 to 21 days
- Flavor: Sweet and earthy. The flavor is a mixture somewhere between beets and spinach.
- Nutrients: Vitamins A, B, C, E, and K, calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, zinc. Rich in antioxidants.
The stems of Ruby Red Swiss Chard are stunning. A brilliant rose-red color offset by the lime green leaves. The leaves never get too large; it’s all about the stems.
Ruby Red Swiss Chard microgreens’ color makes them a great addition to any salad or used whole as a garnish, or chopped and sprinkle on deviled eggs.
It takes Swiss chard microgreens about 14-days to reach harvest size, but they can grow in the trays much longer.
- Home Microgreens Tray is 6.2-grams. The HM Tray area is 37.5 square inches.
- 5- by 5-inch Tray is 4.1-grams
- 10- by 10-inch tray is 16.0-grams
- We also sell Ruby Red Swiss Chard seed by the ounce.
How Much Seed Do You Need For Your Tray?
If you use Home Microgreen planting trays, 5 by 5, or 1010 trays, there’s no need to worry. Each seed packet has the correct number of seeds for the provided tray.
However, if you’re using a different planting tray, use the calculator in the article below to figure out how much seed you need.
Click this link to use the calculator: Home Microgreens Seed Density Calculator.