Purple Wave Mustard Highlights
- Germination: 2 to 3 days
- Soak: No need.
- Harvest: 8 to 10 days
- Flavor: Horseradish-like flavor without the spicy bite.
- Nutrients: Vitamins A, C, E, and K, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, potassium.
Purple Wave Mustard microgreens are flavorful mustard and sought after because of the spectacular purple highlights. The first leaves are light purple; frilly textured leaves are edged with green.
Purple Wave grows fast and tenacious and adds an exciting zest to any salad or sandwich.
This mustard has a fantastic mild horseradish-like flavor with a peppery kick.
Mustard greens are great on sandwiches or salads. The greens have a fresh crunch when you bite into them.
Purplewave Mustard microgreen seeds are small even for mustard seeds, and 1.1-grams will fill a Home Microgreens Tray brimming over the edges with mustard microgreens.
Purplewave Mustard Microgreen Seed Package Sizes
- Home Microgreens tray package is 1.1-grams. The HM Tray area is 37.5 square inches.
- 5- by 5-inch tray is 0.7-grams; and
- 10- by 10-inch tray is 2.9 grams
How Much Seed Do You Need For Your Tray?
If you use Home Microgreen planting trays, 5 by 5, or 1010 trays, there’s no need to worry. Each seed packet has the correct number of seeds for the provided tray.
However, if you’re using a different planting tray, use the calculator in the article below to figure out how much seed you need.
Click this link to use the calculator: Home Microgreens Seed Density Calculator.