Borage Microgreen Highlights
- Germination: 2 to 4 days.
- Soak: No need.
- Harvest: 12 to 21 days.
- Flavor: A mixture of cucumber and melon flavors.
- Nutrients: Vitamins B, C, and K, and folic acid.
Borage microgreens are unique in that they have tiny hairs on the surface of the stem. The stems and leaves vary from light green to green.
The flavor is similar to cucumbers with a cantaloupe aftertaste. Borage microgreens add flavor profiles to salads, soups, and sandwiches.
Borage microgreens are quite juicy and are used to flavor salads, sandwiches, and smoothies.
If allowed to mature, borage microgreens will produce beautiful edible cornflower blue flowers.
Borage is a reasonably easy microgreen to grow. These borage seeds will produce microgreens with succulent stems and intense flavor!
- Home Microgreens Tray is 6.6-grams. The HM Tray area is 37.5 square inches.
- 5- by 5-inch tray is 4.5-grams, the 10- by 10-inch tray package has 17.8-grams of borage seed.
How Much Seed Do You Need For Your Tray?
If you use Home Microgreen planting trays, there is no need to worry. Each seed packet has the correct number of seeds for the provided tray.
However, if you’re using a different planting tray, use the calculators in this post to figure out how many packets or grams of seeds you need.
Click This Link to use Calculators: Planting Tray and Seed Calculators.