Wasabi Mustard Highlights
- Germination: 2 to 4 days
- Soak: No need.
- Harvest: 8 to 14 days for microgreens – can allow it to grow into baby greens (up to 25+ days)
- Flavor: Spicy, bold mustard flavor.
- Nutrients: Vitamins A, C, E, K and antioxidants.
These mustard microgreens aren’t the traditional wasabi plant; wasabi comes from the root of Eutrema japonicum or Wasabia japonica. This plant is Brassica juncea.
However, these microgreens still pack a punch of spiciness. This mustard is great to use fresh in spring rolls, on sandwiches, in stir fry, or dishes where you want some spice.
Harvest these microgreens between days 7 and 18 for a zing on sandwiches or in salads.
Control the spicy flavor by adjusting how many microgreens you add to your dish.
- Home Microgreens tray package contains 1.8-grams. The HM Tray area is 37.5 square inches.
- 5- by 5-inch Tray is 1.1-grams
- 10- by 10-inch tray package includes 4.5-grams of seed.
How Much Seed Do You Need For Your Tray?
If you use Home Microgreen planting trays, there is no need to worry. Each seed packet has the correct number of seeds for the provided tray.
However, if you’re using a difference planting tray, use the calculators in this post to figure out how many packets or grams of seeds you need.
Click This Link to use Calculators: Planting Tray and Seed Calculators