Red Giant Mustard Highlights
- Germination: 2 to 4 days
- Soak: No need.
- Harvest: 10 to 14 days for microgreens in the cotyledon stage or wait a few more days until the first true leave form. The greens will be a bit spicier at this stage. Try them at both stages to see which you like better.
- Flavor: Spicy, bold mustard flavor.
- Nutrients: High in Vitamins A, C, and K. Contains the minerals calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, and potassium.
The Red Mustard microgreens have a red tinge along the cotyledons and edges of the true leaves. The red color doesn’t appear until the plants are much larger. These microgreens pack some spiciness but aren’t super hot like the Wasabi Mustard.
Harvest these microgreens between days 7 and 18 for a zing on sandwiches or in salads.
Control the spicy flavor by adjusting how many microgreens you add to your dish.
- Home Microgreens tray package contains 1.8-grams. The HM Tray area is 37.5 square inches.
- 5- by 5-inch Tray is 1.1-grams
- 10- by 10-inch tray package includes 4.5-grams of seed.
How Much Seed Do You Need For Your Tray?
If you use Home Microgreen planting trays, there is no need to worry. Each seed packet has the correct number of seeds for the provided tray.
However, if you’re using a difference planting tray, use the calculators in this post to figure out how many packets or grams of seeds you need.
Click This Link to use Calculators: Planting Tray and Seed Calculators