- Germination: 2 to 3 days
- Soak: Yes, 6 to 8 hours
- Harvest: 10 to 16 days
- Flavor: Pea microgreens, shoots, or tendrils, taste like fresh peas from the pod! They are crunchy raw and can be used raw, in stir-fries, and you can also cook with them.
- Rich Nutrients: High in Vitamin C and A, calcium, iron, and fiber.
Pea microgreens are easy to grow once you get the hang of it. We’ve tested all different ways of growing peas as microgreens, and we recommend planting them a bit differently than other microgreens. We will publish an article on our recommended planting method very soon. Check back for a link to that article.
These microgreens are vigorous growers once they get started. The pea plants root deeply, so deeper trays work best. However, we get three sometimes four cuttings from one planting in the Home Microgreens Tray.
The 5 by 5 trays or 10 by 10 trays would be great containers for growing peas.
The flavor is just like sweet garden peas! We prefer to chop the pea tendrils and stems up before adding them to a salad or cooked foods. You can also add them as they are to stir-fries or steam them.
Harvest pea microgreens in as few as 10-days, but I usually let them go much longer. If harvested correctly, you can get 2 or 3 cuttings from one planting.
- Home Microgreens Tray is 38 grams. The HM Tray area is 37.5 square inches.
- 5- by 5-inch Tray is 25.3 grams
- 10- by 10-inch Tray is 101 grams
- We also sell pea seeds by the pound.
How Much Seed Do You Need For Your Tray?
If you use Home Microgreen planting trays, there is no need to worry. Each seed packet has the correct number of seeds for the provided tray.
However, if you’re using a difference planting tray, use the calculators in this post to figure out how many packets or grams of seeds you need.
Click This Link to use Calculators: Planting Tray and Seed Calculators