Outredgeous Lettuce Seed Highlights
- Germination: 2 to 3 days
- Soak: No need
- Harvest: 23- to 30-days at the baby leaf stage.
- Flavor: Great sweetness and silky soft textured leaf, especially for Romaine-type lettuce.
- Rich Nutrients: Vitamins A, C, K, calcium, iron, potassium, and beta-carotene
This lettuce is easy to grow into the baby leaf stage indoors in 1010 and 1020 trays.
You can add more seeds and grow this lettuce similar to microgreens. The upright and open growth habit of Outredgeous lettuce makes this an ideal lettuce to grow inside.
The more light provided, the dark and brighter red the leaves will become.
Harvest baby leaf lettuce in as few as 23-days.
Can get up to 3 cuttings off of one tray if harvested correctly.
We recommend 0.8-grams for baby leaf in a 1020 tray or 0.4-grams in a 1010 tray.
Yes, that little bit of seed will fill out at the baby leaf stage and fill the tray. Using more only causes the inside leaves to brown. Baby leaf lettuce leaves are large compared to microgreens.
For microgreens, we recommend 7-grams per 1010 tray. These are recommendations only, as growth habits will depend on several factors.
Neat fact, Outredgeous lettuce was the first vegetable grown and eaten in space on a 2015 International Space Station mission.
Outredgeous Lettuce Seeds
Notice: The 1020 size seed packet grows a tray of baby leaf lettuce in a large tray. Not the Home Microgreens Tray.
The 1/4 and 1/2-ounce packets can be seeded in any size tray at any rate. In addition, we have an article that explains lettuce seed density.
- The seed is packaged for a 1020 tray (0.8-grams)to grow to baby leaf size.
- 1/4-ounce packet (~7.1-grams).
- 1/2-ounce packet (~14.2-grams).