Magenta Sunset Swiss Chard Seed Highlights
- Germination: 4 to 6 days.
- Soak: No need if seeds are buried when planting.
- Harvest: 16 to 25 days
- Flavor: Sweet and earthy. The taste is a mixture somewhere between beets and spinach.
- Nutrients: Vitamins A, B, C, E, and K, calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, zinc. Rich in antioxidants.
The stems of Magenta Sunset Swiss Chard are a stunning and vibrant purple color offset by the lime green leaves. The leaves never get too large; it’s all about the stems.
One of the most attractive microgreens you can grow.
Magenta Sunset Swiss Chard microgreens’ color makes them a great addition to any salad or used whole as a garnish or chopped and sprinkle on deviled eggs.
It takes Swiss Chard microgreens about 16-days to reach harvest size, but they can grow in the trays much longer.
Magenta Sunset Swiss Chard Seed Package Sizes
- The Home Microgreens tray packet weighs 6.5-grams and contains approximately 500 seeds.
- The 1010 tray packet weighs 16.8-grams.
We also sell Magenta Sunset Swiss Chard seed in the following sizes.
- By the ounce packet, and
- 4-ounce bag.
How Much Seed Do You Need For Your Tray?
There’s no need for you to worry about how much seed you need if you use Home Microgreen planting trays or 1010 trays. Each seed packet has the correct number of seeds for a perfect tray of brightly colored Magenta Sunset Swiss Chard microgreens.
The seeding area of a Home Microgreen Tray is 37.5 square inches.
However, if you’re using a different planting tray, use the calculator in the article below to figure out how much seed you need.
Click this link to use the calculator: Home Microgreens Seed Density Calculator.