The Kohlrabi Microgreen Kit comes with everything you need to grow your microgreens at home!
Harvest your fresh microgreens minutes before using them. Vegetables, especially greens, start to lose vitamins & minerals the moment they’re cut.
Growing and eating your fresh microgreens will increase your vitamin and mineral uptake due to the freshness factor.
Remember, these are natural vitamins & minerals, and not laboratory manufactured synthetic vitamins. Natural vitamins are absorbed more readily than synthetics.
The kit includes instructions on how you can grow your microgreens at home.
The microgreen kit includes the following items:
- Planting Tray;
- Watering Tray;
- Professional Blended Growing Soil;
- Purple Vienna Kohlrabi Seeds (perfect amount for growing tray);
- Seed Shaker Bottle;
- 8-oz Spray Bottle;
The best part is you can purchase additional seeds and soil to grow tray after tray of microgreens. You can raise trays of microgreens for only a couple of dollars each.
All you need is an area with some natural or artificial light and some water.
The Process is Easy!
Here is an outline of how easy it is to grow your fresh microgreens, aka Living Supplements.
- Unpack the box.
- Add fresh water to your spray bottle.
- Place the planting tray (the one with holes) into the watering tray (dry).
- Use the lid to level and lightly tamp the soil in the planting tray.
- Dampen the soil with the spray bottle.
- Add the microgreen seeds to your seed shaker bottle.
- Evenly spread the microgreen seeds onto the soil surface.
- Spray the seeds and soil with the spray bottle.
- Cover the seeds and soil with the lid turned upside down.
- Place a weight on the lid, cover it with a tea towel, and place it in a semi-dark location.
- After two or three days, check on the seeds. They should be lifting the cover off the tray.
- Lightly spray the seedlings with the spray bottle and place the tray under direct light (natural or artificial) — the more intense the light, the better.
- The next day, lift the planting tray out of the watering tray and add a little water. Slowly and gently lower the planting tray back into the watering tray.
- You will bell if the tray needs additional water just by feeling the tray’s weight
- Wait for 7- to 14-days (depending on the light, temperature, and variety of microgreens), and you can begin to harvest your microgreens!
- Use a very sharp knife or a pair of scissors to harvest the microgreens. You don’t have to harvest the whole tray! If you don’t need all of them, let the remainder continue to grow!
- Order your next batch of microgreen seeds!
That’s all there is to it.
Simple as simple can be!
The planting tray is 37.5 square inches.