Golden Sunrise Swiss Chard Highlights
- Germination: 4 to 6 days.
- Soak: No need if seeds are buried when planting.
- Harvest: 14 to 21 days
- Flavor: Sweet and earthy. The taste is a mixture somewhere between beets and spinach.
- Nutrients: Vitamins A, B, C, E, and K, calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, zinc. Rich in antioxidants.
The stems of Golden Sunrise Swiss Chard are bright yellow. However, the bright green leaves offset the beautiful yellow stem color. The leaves never get too large; it’s all about the beauty of the stems.
Golden Sunrise Swiss Chard microgreens’ color makes them a great addition to any salad or used as a garnish.
The leaves are bright green and look nice with the yellow stems. The stems aren’t super sturdy and can grow curved or crooked. However, they don’t get very large so that they will last quite long in the tray.
Swiss chard microgreens are susceptible to damping-off disease, so you must take care with the watering. Do not overwater Swiss chard microgreens.
It takes Swiss chard microgreens about 14-days to reach harvest size, but they can grow in the trays much longer.
- The Home Microgreens tray packet weighs 6.2-grams and contains approximately 570 seeds.
- The 1010 tray packet weighs 16.0-grams.
We also sell Golden Sunrise Swiss Chard seed in the following size packages.
- 1-ounce packets, and
- 4-ounce bags.
How Much Seed Do You Need For Your Tray?
There’s no need for you to worry about how much seed you need if you use Home Microgreen planting trays or 1010 trays. Each seed packet has the correct number of seeds for a perfect tray of Golden Sunrise Swiss Chard.
The seeding area of a Home Microgreen Tray is 37.5 square inches.
However, if you’re using a different planting tray, use the calculators in this post to figure out how many packets or grams of seeds you need.
Click This Link to use Calculator: Home Microgreens Seed Density Calculator.