Flat Leaf Parsley Highlights
- Germination: 7 to 15 days
- Soak: No need
- Harvest: 25 to 30 days
- Flavor: Mild parsley
- Nutrients: Vitamins A, C, and K, calcium, magnesium, and potassium.
Flat Leaf Parsley is one of the easiest microgreen herbs to grow, although the germination and growth rate is very slow relative to most microgreens.
Flat Leaf or Italian Parsley has a darker color and is more flavorful than its curly parsley. It also is much easier to chop and incorporate into food than curly parsley.
Parsley microgreens add flavor to any dish, especially Italian food. Parsley is also a great garnish.
Use the in microgreen or baby green salads, on sandwiches, during cooking, or as a garnish.
I like the taste of parsley microgreen better than the mature herb.
Depending on the temperature, parsley will germinate between 7- to 15 days after sowing. Some parsley seeds tend to delay germination, because of this harvest shouldn’t occur until 30-days to allow all of the seeds to grow.
If you use a lot of parsley microgreens, sow multiple trays 15 days apart so you can have a continuous supply.
- Home Microgreens tray package contains 2.1-grams of seed. The HM Tray area is 37.5 square inches.
- 5- by 5-inch tray package has 1.4-grams
- 10- by 10-inch tray package includes 5.6 grams of seed
- Parsley seed is also available by the ounce. An ounce is equal to 28.35-grams.
How Much Seed Do You Need For Your Tray?
If you use Home Microgreen planting trays, there is no need to worry. Each seed packet has the correct number of seeds for the provided tray.
However, if you’re using a difference planting tray, use the calculators in this post to figure out how many packets or grams of seeds you need.
Click This Link to use Calculators: Planting Tray and Seed Calculators.