Fantasia Orange Swiss Chard Highlights
- Germination: 4 to 6 days.
- Soak: No need if seeds are buried when planting.
- Harvest: 14 to 21 days
- Flavor: Sweet and earthy. The flavor is a mixture somewhere between beets and spinach.
- Nutrients: Vitamins A, B, C, E, and K, calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, zinc. Rich in antioxidants.
The stems of Fantasia Orange Swiss Chard start yellow and mature to bright orange. As microgreens, the stems are a bit more on the orange side than the Golden Sunrise Swiss Chard. The bright green leaves offset the bright stem color. The leaves never get very large as microgreens.
Fantasia Orange Swiss Chard microgreens’ color makes them a great addition to any salad or used as a garnish.
The leaves are bright green and look nice with the orangish stems. The stems aren’t super sturdy and can grow curved or crooked. However, they don’t get very large, so that they will last quite long in the tray.
Swiss chard microgreens are susceptible to damping-off disease, so care must be taken with watering. Do not overwater Swiss chard microgreens.
It takes Swiss chard microgreens about 14-days to reach harvest size, but they can grow in the trays much longer.
You can grow these seeds in the garden too. Mix with Ruby Red and Golden Sunrise Swiss chard seeds to make your own rainbow Swiss chard!
Fantasia Orange Swiss Chard Seed Package Sizes
- Home Microgreens Tray is 7.5-grams. The HM Tray area is 37.5 square inches.
- 5- by 5-inch Tray is 4.9-grams
- 10- by 10-inch tray is 19.7-grams
- We also sell Ruby Red Swiss Chard seed by the ounce.
How Much Seed Do You Need For Your Tray?
If you use Home Microgreen planting trays, there is no need to worry. Each seed packet has the correct number of seeds for the provided tray.
However, if you’re using a different planting tray, use the calculators in this post to figure out how many packets or grams of seeds you need.
Click This Link to use Calculator: Home Microgreens Seed Density Calculator.