Bibb Lettuce Seed Highlights
- Germination: 2 to 3 days
- Soak: No need
- Harvest: 25- to 35-days at the baby leaf stage.
- Flavor: Tender and juicy lettuce, velvety texture with little bitterness.
- Rich Nutrients: Vitamins C, K, B9 (folate), calcium, phosphorous, magnesium, and potassium.
This lettuce is easy to grow to the baby leaf stage indoors in 1010 and 1020 trays or as microgreens.
Bibb lettuce grows quickly with no need for a grow light. The texture is soft and is known to be the least bitter of all the lettuce types.
Harvest baby leaf lettuce in as few as 25-days.
You can get up to 3 cuttings off of one tray if harvested correctly.
Our seed packet contains 0.8-grams; however, we recommend using only 0.6 to 0.7-grams on each 1020 tray. Yes, that little bit of seed will fill out at the baby leaf stage and fill the tray. Using more only causes the inside leaves to brown.
Bibb Lettuce Seed Package Sizes
Notice: The 1020 seed packet grows a tray of baby leaf lettuce in a large tray. Not the Home Microgreens Tray.
You can seed the 1/4, 1/2, and 1-ounce packets in any size tray at any rate. In addition, we have an article that explains lettuce seed density.
- The seed is packaged for a 1020 tray (0.8-grams)to grow to baby leaf size.
- 1/4-ounce packet (~7.1-grams).
- 1/2-ounce packet (~14.2-grams), and
- by the ounce